[Biopython] biopython-1.53.win-amd64-py2.6

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 15 18:57:09 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Christoph Gohlke <cgohlke at uci.edu> wrote:

>> The fact that test_GraphicsBitmaps.py failed with a font problem
>> is indicative of something not quite right in ReportLab and/or PIL.
>> This is almost certainly not a Biopython problem.
>>
> OK, I will check Reportlab and PIL. I now remember seeing some
> font loading issues with PIL 1.1.7 in other packages even though
> all internal tests pass.

If you are happy to investigate further, that would be great.

>> A couple of SCOP tested failed - could you run unix2dos (or
>> similar) on Tests/SCOP/*.txt and Tests/SCOP/scopseq-test/*.txt
>> and retest? That "fixes" it on win32.
>
> That worked. The font error is now the only failing test.

Good.

>> Also what does this do on your Windows 64bit python?

>> 'win32'
>
> 'win32' is correct.
> I use "'64 bit' in sys.version" to check for a 64 bit version at runtime.

Thanks - I just wanted to be sure.

> Thank you. Feel free to redistribute the installer if you think it is
> good enough.

Given NumPy don't offer their own 64bit installers, and the
possible need for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redistributable
package, perhaps linking to your page makes most sense
for now. I'll update our download page if that sounds sensible.

Thank you,