[Biopython] Wanting to teach a class on biopython ..

Kristian Rother krother at rubor.de
Tue Aug 25 08:58:44 UTC 2009

Hi William,

I was teaching Python/BioPython in several courses for Biologists. I
wrote some individual lesson plans but they are rather not readable for
other people (see attachment). There is some material on-line, though:

http://www.rubor.de/lehre_en.html

Typically, the lessons consisted of 2h lecture + 1h exercises on
language concepts + 3h exercises on a single, more biological task. The
code written during the latter was reviewed and scored and the students
knew about that.
They had a two-week Python crash course before.

Details on request.

Best Regards,
    Kristian