[BioPython] How to detect sequences that not produce alignments

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 15:54:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Bruno Santos <bsantos at biocant.pt> wrote:
>  By some experiments I had done I noticed that even if the blast_records
>  instance as no alignments at all I couldn't detect them because they are not
>  incorporated in the blast_records instance as an empty list. There is any
>  way to detect which blast_records are empty? Or the module simply ignores
>  this cases and don't put them on the blast_records?

I think that the problem is that the XML file has no record of a "no
hit" sequence. So Biopython parser can't process that record (since it
is not even in the XML file).
I guess that the only way to know the "negative hits" is to compare
the input file with the XML output and then make the difference. I
remember have done that once (I should have the script somewhere if
you ask me).

--
Curso Biologia Molecular para programadores: http://tinyurl.com/2vv8w6
Bioinformatics news: http://www.bioinformatica.info