[BioPython] How to detect sequences that not produce alignments

Bruno Santos bsantos at biocant.pt
Wed Feb 27 15:41:07 UTC 2008

Hi people,

I have been using Bio.Blast for a while to perform BLAST searches in my
scripts.

Now I'm trying to detect which sequences in a multifasta align against a
databases and the ones that don't align at all.

By some experiments I had done I noticed that even if the blast_records
instance as no alignments at all I couldn't detect them because they are not
incorporated in the blast_records instance as an empty list. There is any
way to detect which blast_records are empty? Or the module simply ignores
this cases and don't put them on the blast_records?

Thank you all in adavance, Best Regards,

Bruno Santos