[BioPython] write a genbank file

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Feb 24 10:51:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Stefanie Lück <lueck at ipk-gatersleben.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Does someone can give me an example how I can write in python a new
> genbank file? I want to make a blast and to use the location of the match
> as a feature in a genbank file (and finally to work on it in DNA Star).
>
>  Is it at all possible?

Writing GenBank files isn't easy at the moment.  Depending on your
needs, creating Bio.GenBank.Record.Record objects and writing them to
file may work.

I hope to include support for writing GenBank files from SeqRecord
objects in Bio.SeqIO later...  but that would still be complicated in
your case as you would have to create SeqFeatures from each BLAST
match.