[BioPython] BioSQL documentation for Biopython

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sat Feb 23 02:41:52 UTC 2008

Interesting. Apparently MySQL needs a space after the double-dash
comment prefix:

<quote>In MySQL, the “-- ” (double-dash) comment style requires the
second dash to be followed by at least one whitespace or control
character (such as a space, tab, newline, and so on). This syntax
differs slightly from standard SQL comment syntax [...].</quote><sigh/>

If you add that space, i.e., change the line:

--CREATE INDEX ontrel_subjectid ON term_relationship(subject_term_id);

-- CREATE INDEX ontrel_subjectid ON term_relationship(subject_term_id);

and do the same for all other lines where this occurs, does it work
then?

I've also updated the MySQL schema on svn:

http://code.open-bio.org/svnweb/index.cgi/biosql/view/biosql-schema/
trunk/sql/biosqldb-mysql.sql

BTW the reason this hasn't come up before is that most everyone uses
the mysql command line client to instantiate the schema, which
ignores lines starting with '--'.

	-hilmar