[BioPython] [bip] Bioinformatics Programming Language Shootout, Python performance poopoo'd

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 6 20:47:44 UTC 2008

Andrew Dalke wrote:
> That was Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> who started the
> cross-post

Ah.  So it was - entirely accidentally due to an unwittingly set
reply-to field.  I've fixed my email settings, and would like to
apologise to anyone on the biopython mailing list who ended getting
caught up in the thread as a result (especially Marc).

If any biopython people would like to join in the discussion about
this paper, please do join the BIP list - otherwise let's stop the
double posting.  The original link was:
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/9/82

Andrew Dalke wrote:
> I'm just the one who wrote a lot last year pushing people on the BIP
> list to use more from Biopython, such as ...

A sentiment I agree with ;)