[BioPython] development question

Albert Krewinkel krewink at inb.uni-luebeck.de
Thu Aug 28 09:14:37 UTC 2008

Hi Pavel,

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 10:06:51AM +0200, Pavel SRB wrote:
> so now to biopython. On my system i have biopython from debian repository
> via apt-get. But i would like to have second version of biopython in system
> just to check, log and change the code to learn more. This can be done with
> removing sys.path.remove("/var/lib/python-support/python2.5")
> and importing Bio from some other development directory. But this way i
> loose all modules in direcotory mentioned above and i believe it can be
> done more clearly

An easy way would be to just add the path to your biopython
svn-version to the _front_ of the sys.path list:

sys.path = ['/your/path/to/biopython/'] + sys.path

Please note, however, that this isn't really a biopython related
question, so you might be better off asking in a general python
forum/newsgroup/mailing-list.

Cheers,
Albert

--
Albert Krewinkel <krewink (at) inb.uni-luebeck.de>
University of Luebeck, Institute for Neuro- and Bioinformatics