[BioPython] Fwd: Scripts cannot connect

João Rodrigues anaryin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 01:28:21 UTC 2007

I've checked all my connection settings, tested an awful lot of
possibilities and I came to this conclusion. When using a webservice, I
can't connect to the internet. In the same script, I can get for instance,
the google page, but the lines regarding the webservice itself, they won't
connect.

I've tried to set environment proxy (through export
http_proxy='blabla:yyyy') in the script itself and nothing. I've set
os.environ[blabla] and it's doesn't work.

So, does anyone has an idea of why this is happening? Shouldn't the
webservice, if using http protocol (as it does), work just like any other
command (let's say, urllib.urlopen)?

I know this falls out of the BioPython theme but I consider it quite
relevant for my BioPython work :)

Thank you all in advance!