[BioPython] Error for installation of MySALdb on Mac OS X

Steve Lianoglou lists.steve at arachnedesign.net
Wed Oct 3 13:01:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Oct 3, 2007, at 8:44 AM, Y Tu wrote:

> Here is the copy of the output in the Terminal. Please help me to
> find out what's wrong. Thanks.
>
> Last login: Wed Oct  3 08:28:38 on ttyp4
> Welcome to Darwin!
> LeesComputer:~ Lee$ echo $PATH
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:/usr/
> local/bin:.:/usr/local/mysql:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin

It still looks like your PATH is screwed up, /usr/local/mysql/bin
isn't in there, you have:
/usr/local/mysl:/bin

Here's a test. Open up a terminal and type:

$ which mysql_config

If you don't get an answer back that indicates that the system can
find the binary, then your script won't either. For instance, this is
how it looks for me:

$ which mysql_config
/Library/MySQL/bin/mysql_config

(I have an older version of mysql which was installed into /Library/
MySQL)

Yours should say:

$ which mysql_config
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config