[BioPython] Fwd: bio.pdb.mmcif does not exist

Michiel de Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Wed May 9 13:54:04 UTC 2007

Jean Lechner wrote:
> Hum I ve uncommented the lines and reinstalled all.
> But the problem stay the same.
> The directory Bio.PDB.mmCIF il here and there is a file named
> MMCIFlex.so into it
> But python can not load it... it is said that there is no module named
> mmCIF.MMCIFlex

How exactly are you trying to import MMCIFlex (which command exactly do
you type into Python)?
On my Mac, I can import MMCIFlex with no problems. So it may be a path
problem instead of a problem with MMCIFlex.so itself. Try going to the
directory that contains MMCIFlex.so and try to import it there.

--Michiel.