[BioPython] Biopython Citation

Michiel de Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Fri Feb 9 03:49:53 UTC 2007

Sebastian Bassi wrote:
> On 2/8/07, Julius Lucks <lucks at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
>> There is a nice article covering the strengths and weaknesses of BioPython,
>> BioPerl and BioJava aimed at guiding a novice user:
>
> Yes, but BioPython grew a lot from 2002.

Currently, Biopython is undergoing some major improvements, for example
with the Blast parser and especially with the new Bio.SeqIO. I expect
that Biopython in two or three months will be a lot more transparent and
user-friendly than it is now. It may be worthwhile to postpone
submitting a Biopython paper until these improvements have made it into
a Biopython release.

Don't let that stop you from starting to write a paper, though :-).

--Michiel.