[BioPython] Blast to genome specific databases?

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon Aug 20 19:17:48 UTC 2007

If you follow the directions on this page:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/staff/tao/URLAPI/remote_blastdblist.html

you should be able to modify the URLAPI DATABASE parameter to that in
the list; another option would be to limit the results to a specific
taxid (like 9606) using the ENTREZ_QUERY.  Not sure how that would be
done for biopython (being a bioperler myself) but I'm sure someone
could chip in?

chris