[BioPython] Protparam using BioPython

Shameer Khadar skhadar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 15:19:01 UTC 2007

Dear Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I was looking for a script based on Bio.SeqUtils.
I got the following script from a website, its working perfect for me. But
the problem is i have around 1000 sequence (in raw format without headers)
and i thought to process it using a foreach equivalent in python(I am a
python newbie). But its only a couple of minutes back i came to know that
there is no foreach in python, but some better alternative is available
!!!.  It will be great if you can help to process my file using this
program.

program :
from Bio.SeqUtils import ProtParam, ProtParamData
def PrintDictionary(MyDict):
        for i in MyDict.keys():
                print "%s\t%.2f" %(i, MyDict[i])
        print "MAEGEITTFTALTEKFNLPPGNYKKPKLLYCSNGGHFL"
X = ProtParam.ProteinAnalysis("")
print "Instability index of test protein: %.2f" % X.instability_index()

first few lines of my file :
AEGEFAHLYGTFRED
AEGEFAHLZGTFRED
AEGEFGATYGVYTSD