[BioPython] too lazy to install InterProScan on my computer

Ann Loraine aloraine at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 02:21:40 UTC 2006

Greetings all,

I've been trying to get EBI's InterProScan Web service to work with
ZSI, which I understand  is the preferred SOAP messaging
implementation for python. I haven't had much luck so far .. I've get
an error that look like an incompatibility in the WSDL of EBI
(http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Tools/webservices/wsdl/WSInterProScan.wsdl) and
what ZSI expects (see below.)

Has anyone on the list used EBI's InterProScan from python using ZSI?
If yes, did it work for you?

Any sample code would be much appreciated, as I am new to SOAP. (EBI
provides some example perl and java client code, but I'd like to take
advantage of python's interpreter, which in theory would allow me to
submit a bunch of requests to EBI using the asynchronous option,
collect the job ids in a dictionary, and then fetch the data later on
in the same interactive session.)

-Ann

import ZSI
ebi_wsdl = 'http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Tools/webservices/wsdl/WSInterProScan.wsdl'
>>> service = ZSI.ServiceProxy(ebi_wsdl)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZSI/ServiceProxy.py",
line 34, in __init__
    wsdl = ZSI.wstools.WSDLTools.WSDLReader().loadFromURL(wsdl)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZSI/wstools/WSDLTools.py",
line 42, in loadFromURL
    wsdl.load(document)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZSI/wstools/WSDLTools.py",
line 260, in load
    schema = reader.loadFromNode(WSDLToolsAdapter(self), item)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZSI/wstools/XMLSchema.py",
line 80, in loadFromNode
    schema.load(reader)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZSI/wstools/XMLSchema.py",
line 1116, in load
    tp.fromDom(node)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZSI/wstools/XMLSchema.py",
line 2283, in fromDom
    self.content.fromDom(contents[indx])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZSI/wstools/XMLSchema.py",
line 1996, in fromDom
    content[-1].fromDom(i)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZSI/wstools/XMLSchema.py",
line 1764, in fromDom
    self.setAttributes(node)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZSI/wstools/XMLSchema.py",
line 627, in setAttributes
    self.__checkAttributes()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZSI/wstools/XMLSchema.py",
line 673, in __checkAttributes
    raise SchemaError,\
ZSI.wstools.XMLSchema.SchemaError: class instance
ZSI.wstools.XMLSchema.LocalElementDeclaration, missing required
attribute name

--
Ann Loraine
Assistant Professor