[BioPython] too lazy to install InterProScan on my computer

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at burnham.org
Mon Oct 16 04:25:08 UTC 2006

Ann,

Just a general comment from one who has recently installed InterProScan
on his workstation for the first time:

1) Installation is truly a breeze. If you want to mass use interproscan,
you should do it on your machine. You'll be happier down the road. So
will EBI: I believe there is a reason they moved from 6 sequences at a
time to 1 at a time in their web interface.

2) Having said that, I have a Python client that queries InterProScan
and parses the results. I can give you the code if you like. Not ZSI,
just plain hacking.

Cheers,

Iddo

--