[BioPython] Problems with Win Release for Python 2.5: Numeric, KDTree

Thomas Hamelryck thamelry at binf.ku.dk
Tue Nov 28 08:15:37 UTC 2006

Hi Hendrik,

3. issue (bug?):
> In the Entity class in Bio.PDB, the method "get_full_id()" fails because
> (typically) at the structure level, get_parent() throws an exception
> (which
> is not handled later) instead of returning "None".

This is already fixed in CVS. About numpy: biopython should indeed move to
numpy now. The numpy toolkit has matured and Numeric is definitely obsolete
now. About KDTree: I know next to nothing about Windows but maybe Cygwin
compilation is a solution?

Best,

-Thomas

----
Thomas Hamelryck, Marie Curie EU-Research fellow
Bioinformatics center
Institute of Molecular Biology
University of Copenhagen
Universitetsparken 15 - Building 10