[BioPython] KDTree optional compilation

Anton persikan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 19:16:10 UTC 2006

K. Arun <karbak <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I just updated to version 1.42 (thanks !), and noticed I had to
> uncomment the KDTree entry in setup.py in the NUMPY_PACKAGES section
> to use Bio.PDB.NeighborSearch.  Since KDTree is essential to this
> module, would it possible to add a note about this in the README, or
> print a message during compilation to the effect that setup.py needs
> to be modified ?
>
> -arun

I installed my BioPython using the Windows installer. Therefore the
NeighborSearch module is not working (requires KDTree). In fact there was no way
during the installation to add this module.
Can I install the KDTree somehow or I have to reinstall the BioPython using the
source code with uncommenting the KDTree entry?
I'm trying to avoid the installation from the source code.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!