[BioPython] parse xml from flybase ?

Javier Díez jdiezperezj at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 15:01:49 UTC 2006

Hy everybody:
I'm new in biopython (congratulations to everyone is involved in
development).
For the first time i'm trying to parse some xml documents from flybase, but
I could not fully parse any big document.
I am using SAX, because because the documents I am parsing  are bigger than
70- 100 MB.
My parser allways find something bad-formed in big documents, so  I wrote a
little script too, to validates xml documents, (in fact I copied almost
completely from an on line manual), and it "tell me" that they are bad
formed too. I think that both script works, because I tested with
well-formed xml documents and they worked ok.
So, I have two questions:
Have anybody worked with flybase reports xml documents?
The second one, could you tell me if there is any python package to automate
bulk data retrieval (or big queries) from FlyBase?
Thank you
Javi