[BioPython] Question on biopython 1.42 test mode

Xie Wei stautxie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 03:54:29 UTC 2006

Dear Biopython developers,

I recently downloaded and installed biopython 1.42 on my linux workstation.
The trouble occurred when I tried to run the test suite by

python setup.py test

The script froze there for more than 10 minutes without proceeding when
testing cluster module, and CPU usage is like 99%+. I do not know whether
the cluster module test suite really should take that much time. I did not
remember having this kind of problem with the last biopython release.

Thanks,

Wei