[BioPython] Question on biopython 1.42 test mode

Michiel de Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Wed Jul 19 04:58:04 UTC 2006

Xie Wei wrote:
> The script froze there for more than 10 minutes without proceeding when
> testing cluster module, and CPU usage is like 99%+. I do not know whether
> the cluster module test suite really should take that much time.
It shouldn't.

I wasn't able to replicate this problem (I tried on Mac OS X and on
Linux). Do you get the same problem if you run

python run_tests.py --no-gui

from the biopython-1.42/Tests directory?

It may also be informative to run

python test_Cluster.py

from the same directory; you may be able to find out at what point the
script hangs.

Sorry for the trouble.

--Michiel.