[BioPython] PDBParser looking for Numeric module

Omid Khalouei omid9dr18 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 4 16:24:30 EST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to use the PDBParser, but I get the following error message:

>>>from Bio.PDB.PDBParser import PDBParser

Traceback (most recent call last):
    from Bio.PDB.PDBParser import PDBParser
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\Bio\PDB\__init__.py", line 10, in
-toplevel-
    from PDBParser import PDBParser
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\Bio\PDB\PDBParser.py", line 10, in
-toplevel-
    from Numeric import array, Float0
ImportError: No module named Numeric

The only "numeric" module I found in my folders is in the "numarray" folder
in site-packages, but the first letter is in lower case. So I'm not sure
which Numeric module it is looking for. Am I missing somehting?

Thanks for your help,
Omid K.