[BioPython] Structural alignment

Omid Khalouei omid9dr18 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 13 21:03:23 EST 2005

Hello,

I was wondering what's the current common practice to align two different
structures belong to the same protein. In particular I want to align two
HIV-1 protease structures obtained from PDB and get the RMSD. I know how to
do this with Swiss-PdbViewer, using the "majic fit". In a paper they have
done this with the program MOLMOL but I am having difficulty installing it
on my Windows computer since the program is meant to be used by Linux/Unix
machines.
Are there any other efficient publicly available tools for this purpose?

Thanks for your help,
Omid K.