[BioPython] Tool for Biomolecular data edition and analysis in Python

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at burnham.org
Sun May 29 02:13:37 EDT 2005

Frederico,

This looks like a really useful tool, thanks for sharing.

One way I can see this fitting into Biopython is as an addition to the
Align module. We'll have to think exactly how.

However, I am wondering if this really fits within biopython: you have
what seems to me as a standalone program. Biopython's goal is to provide
buiding blocks for such tools. So your code is the next step: you have
constructed a house (a very fine one, may I add), Biopython provides
lumber, bricks, etc. etc.

Like I said, I'll have to look at it. But with ISMB coming up, it will
probably not be for a month. If someone else has any thoughts on the
matter, please share.

Cheers, and thanks again,

Iddo

--
Iddo Friedberg, Ph.D.
The Burnham Institute
Automated Protein Function Prediction Meeting, June 24, 2005
http://ffas.burnham.org/AFP