[BioPython] Tool for Biomolecular data edition and analysis in Python

Frederico Arnoldi fredgca at hotmail.com
Sat May 28 11:22:59 EDT 2005

Hello,

   My name is Frederico G. Colombo Arnoldi, I am Phd student (subject:
Molecular Evolution) in Brazil.
  I have been developing a software for Biomolecular data edition and
analysis in python, mainly for gene analysis. It started as a little
tool to help me and became a more serious work. Actually this tool is
formed by a GTK interface that allows the user to align sequences with
Malign and Clustalw; color sequences previously aligned according
conservation and residues characteristics; create reverse,
reverse/complement and consensus sequences; search for conserved regions
and determined sequences inside a bigger (like restriction enzymes sites
and ORF's); generate alignments colored reports and others.
   The program and Its portal has been written in English, although, as
anyone can see in my bad english, I'm not a native english speaker.
    I would like to know about the possibility and the interest of
integrate it to biopython. The portal is :
http://mpalign.incubadora.fapesp.br/portal

    Thanks a lot.
    Frederico