[BioPython] Problems with MMCIFlex module

Michiel De Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Tue Jul 12 15:19:47 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: biopython-bounces at portal.open-bio.org on behalf of Matias Saavedra
Sent: Tue 7/12/2005 2:52 PM
To: biopython at biopython.org
Subject: [BioPython] Problems with MMCIFlex module

> Hi, i'm back. I have been trying to install a C compiler, but i realized
> that i have GCC 4.0 in my usr/bin directory... i think that means it is
> already installed?

Can you run gcc? What happens if you just run gcc from a command window?

> But when i try to install the mxtexttools, the error message says that gcc
> doesn't respond. It is a shell path problem for example?

Please send the exact error message. Otherwise it is hard to understand what
is going on.

--Michiel.

Michiel de Hoon
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
Columbia University
1150 St Nicholas Avenue
New York, NY 10032