[BioPython] Blast and PsiBlast

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sun Apr 3 05:22:46 EDT 2005

Aurélie Bornot wrote:

 > - I don't understand why qblast( ) can't "call" the program called blastx.. ?

As far as I know, there is no fundamental reason why qblast cannot call blastx.
Probably it has simply not yet been implemented. If you could write a patch to
Bio/Blast/NCBIWWW.py so that qblast can run blastx, that would be great. If you
are familiar with blastx, maybe such a patch would not be difficult. You
probably would only need to change the parameters in the qblast function (but
then again, I don't use blast much, so I am no expert on this matter). We'd be
happy to include such a patch with Biopython.

--Michiel.

--
Michiel de Hoon, Assistant Professor
University of Tokyo, Institute of Medical Science