[BioPython] LAPACK error

Paul-Michael Agapow biopython at agapow.net
Mon Sep 27 16:53:52 EDT 2004

This is actually a Numeric python error, but as I ran across in the
installation of BioPython I thought others might have experience of
this error. While doing the dependency dance necessary to get a fresh
installation of BioPython running (the box is a Xeon processor running
SUSE) the install barfs at the point it generates the lapack library:

gcc -pthread -shared build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/Src/lapack_litemodule.o
-L/usr/lib/atlas -llapack -lcblas -lf77blas -latlas -lg2c -o
build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/lapack_lite.so
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-suse-linux/3.3.3/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/
ld: cannot find -llapack
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

And just BTW, any idea of when Biopython might move from Numeric to
Numarray?

--
Dr Paul-Michael Agapow (p.agapow at ucl.ac.uk)
Dept. Biology, University College London