[BioPython] Transplanting Biopython to a live file system

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at asalup.org
Thu Oct 14 12:17:57 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I did copy Bio, mx and Numeric from a working linux installation to
another (under Site-Packages). Then I tried to "import Bio" from the new
system and I got there is no module named Bio.
I know this not a kosher way to install Biopython, but I have to do it
this way to make it available on DNALinux that it is a liveCD (a working
linux system from CD, like Knoppix).
Do you may know what went wrong?
I think I solved something like this 2 month ago when I transplanted
Biopython to the AMD64 (because it didnt compile on AMD64, so I
transplanted) and it worked. But this time, it doesnt :(