[BioPython] Plans for a 1.30 : Re: SCOP

Brad Chapman chapmanb at uga.edu
Mon May 10 15:57:41 EDT 2004

Hi Gavin;

> A code cleanup a few months ago broke the Bio.SCOP code. I'd like to
> commit the bug fix, and integrate the SCOP unit tests into the biopython
> testing framework, preferably before the release.

Yeah, uh, that breakage would be me. Sorry about that. That type of
cleanup to Bio.SCOP would be much appreciated -- I'll happily delay
the release until you feel that the SCOP module is ready. Thanks a
lot for looking at this.

> However, I can't seem to access the developer CVS repository. What is
> the current machine? dev.open-bio.org doesn't seem to exist. For that
> matter, do I still have an account!?

You do, but the machine has changed. I'll re-set your password and
send you the details via a separate mail.

> Of lower priority, James Casbon has contributed some useful extensions
> to the SCOP module that I would like to upload in the near future.

Great, also very welcome. Thanks again for your work on this!
Brad