[BioPython] Martel problems and MS-Windows

Brad Chapman chapmanb at uga.edu
Thu Mar 4 12:01:45 EST 2004

Michiel:
> I have put fixed Windows installers that now contain Martel on the
> biopython website.

Thanks much for updating them. Julio, Robert, any other Windows
installer users -- please do try the new installers and let us know if
you have any problems.

> I am bound to forget to delete Martel on my machine
> again for the next biopython release, so I also vote to remove the version
> check. Another option would be to install Martel if the distributed version
> is newer than *or equal to* the installed version.

Okay, that seems like a reasonable compromise and covers us if we
forget to bump the version. I just checked this into CVS --
hopefully it'll eliminate problems in the future. Thanks again for
the installers.

Brad