[BioPython] parsing phylogenetic trees in Python

Frank Kauff fkauff at duke.edu
Thu Feb 26 14:37:18 EST 2004

Hi all,

we are currently writing a Nexus parser, which also includes a tree
class. It's all still very alpha. So far, trees are represented as
nested lists (like the newick format itself), but also as a linked list
of nodes using a node class, where each node points to one parent
(=ancestor) and to multiple child nodes. This structure makes rerooting,
test for monophyly etc. fairly easy.
If this would already be helpful, I'd be glad to send it to you (or
anybody who'd like to check it out).

Frank

--
Frank Kauff