[BioPython] Rasmol as a python extension

Richard Madden Richard.Madden at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Dec 16 09:48:19 EST 2004

Hi all,

   Would the biopython community have any interest in a C/API wrap of
rasmol (the classic Sayles version 2.6.4) as a python extension module?
I made this a few years ago and it is just sitting in my garage. So it
has low mileage, was only driven on Sundays, but may need some
tinkering. It has python functionality to control the molecule view,
read and write to the molecule data, put 'artificial' objects into the
molecule view, etc etc. Comes with all source, a setup.py build script
and even python style documentation and some python demo scripts.

Ciao, Dick

--
Dick Madden                         Home: 2708 rue Prospect
Bioinformatics Coordinator                Sherbrooke, QC, Canada J1L 2V2