[BioPython] biopython installation

Cath Lawrence Cath.Lawrence at anu.edu.au
Fri Jun 20 12:25:56 EDT 2003

Revisiting an old thread since I thought I should report in, despite
the personal embarrassment...

On Saturday, June 7, 2003, at 05:50  AM, Jeffrey Chang wrote:
> On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 12:03  AM, Cath Lawrence wrote:
>> ... when I run the test suite I get many tests skipped due to import
>> errors - and the documentation appears to be silent on these modules
>> and their purposes.
>> [mostly snipped]
> This does not look right.  There should not be import errors on
> packages like Crystal, Polypeptide, Saf, etc.  You mentioned that you
> were using the CVS version.  Some of these modules look relatively
> recent.

Thanks for the ideas, Jeffrey. It helped.

And now the admission of my stupidity. cvs update ***-d*** !!   Ooops.

Still missed a couple -
Skipping test because of import error: No module named MySQLdb
Skipping test because of import error: No module named _KDTreec
And a final exception:
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: <exceptions.AttributeError
instance at 0x321a8b0> in <bound method _ProcHandle.__del__ of
<Bio.MultiProc.copen._ProcHandle instance at 0x30153d0>> ignored

cheers,
Cath
Cath Lawrence,                       Cath.Lawrence at anu.edu.au
Senior Scientific Programmer,  Centre for Bioinformation Science,
John Curtin School of Medical Research (room 4088)
Australian National University,  Canberra ACT 0200
ph: (02) 61257959   mobile: 0421-902694   fax: (02) 61254712