[BioPython] biopython installation

Brad Chapman chapmanb at uga.edu
Fri Jun 6 17:14:57 EDT 2003

Cath Lawrence:
> >I'd like to request a couple of things -
> >
> >1. Minor navigation quibble - give the website a default index in each
> >directory, if you try to navigate by trimming URLs you get "directory
> >listing denied" (eg this obvious trim doesn't work -
> >http://www.biopython.org/docs/ )

Jeff:
> I don't know if this is possible anymore, since most of the website is
> now dynamically generated.

I think that this is pretty easily fixed through Quixote, if what
you want is to be able to browse the files in the folders.

Basically, it looks like it should just require changing
BioWebsite/__init__.py from:

docs = StaticDirectory("/home/websites/biopython.org/docs")

to:

docs = StaticDirectory("/home/websites/biopython.org/docs",
                       list_folder = 1)

(and all other directories there we want to allow this form). I
guess this is the right thing to do, although I would prefer that
people just use my pretty web interfaces :-).

I'd make this change myself to test it out but biopython.org doesn't
seem happy with me sshing to it this second (I get
"ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host"
messages). Whenever I figure that out I can make this change if its
what we want.

Thanks for the comments on documentation and things. I won't repeat
Jeff there, but definitely the feedback is appreciated.

Brad