[BioPython] BOSC Biopython Talk

Catherine Letondal letondal at pasteur.fr
Tue Jun 17 09:10:35 EDT 2003

Brad Chapman wrote:
> Hey all;
> As you may remember, I have the honor of giving the Biopython talk
> at this years Bioinformatics Open Source Conference (BOSC). It's
> coming up next week in Australia and so I worked over the weekend to
> get a first draft of the talk finished. I thought I would post it up
> to here to solicit comments, feedback, corrections, etc. You can
> check it out at:
>
> http://open-bio.org/~chapmanb/bosc_biopython.pdf

I like the logo :-)

I would have a comment on the "alternatives approaches": you present
design and use of standalone programs as an alternative
without programming. However, if you want to get from standalone
programs the same type of results as would be obtained with a Python pipeline,
you would need parsing and scripting, which is programming.

--
Catherine Letondal -- Pasteur Institute Computing Center