[BioPython] BOSC Biopython Talk

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Tue Jun 17 12:04:20 EDT 2003

Looks good. Under "Bonus points" on the third page "What exactly is
Python", you might want to add something like "particularly among
scientists" after "excellent user community". I am thinking especially
about the Numerical Python project, which made Python suitable for
numerical data analysis and simulation. The numerical capabilities is
one of Python's strongest points compared to Perl and Ruby.

At BOSC, I'll be giving a talk about Python and systems biology during
the afternoon after your talk. I'll try to blend in something about
Numerical Python and scientific plotting.

--Michiel.