[BioPython] EUtils testing

Andrew Dalke dalke@dalkescientific.com
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:02:04 -0700

Cary Miller:
> Hi Andrew,
>   While testing EUtils I got this traceback.
>   File "support_test.py", line 22, in open
>     saved_url, saved_query = self.unpickler.load()
> ValueError: too many values to unpack
>

> The only thing the bottom two seem to have in common is the name 'open'.
> Is this some kind of name collision?

*sigh*

The problem is how I fake a connection to NCBI.  I did one pass
to record all the communications with NCBI and saved them to a
file.  Then for quick testing, I read from the file rather than
connect to the server again.

It seems that the order of the unittests is not defined, so
that on my machine it works but with another machine it may
produce different results.  I thought I fixed that, but I
guess not.

I came up with another approach for doing things.  I'll work
on it later this evening and send you a tweaked version.

If you want to run the tests directly, you can do something like

   python test_examples.py --use-live

					Andrew
					dalke@dalkescientific.com