[BioPython] genbank parser error with new cvs

Peter Bienstman Peter.Bienstman at UGent.be
Thu Dec 4 02:50:03 EST 2003

Hi Rich,

I've added the "selenocysteine" tag to genbank_format.py.

If you update this file from cvs you should be fine.

Peter

On Thursday 04 December 2003 05:11, Richard Llewellyn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using GenBank to parse plasmid genbank files.  Most files are ok
> (Biopython providing a great tool), but
> a few throw "Martel.Parser.ParserPositionException: error parsing at or
> beyond character #".  I noticed this issue in the archives, so I
> installed the
> newest cvs of genbank_format, Record, and Martel.Parser with the
> current 1.23
> biopython, but to no avail.   Are there other relevant modules I should
> try?
>
> The problem file is NC_003037, a large plasmid from Sinor. mel.
>
> Thanks for the efforts.
>
> Rich

Peter Bienstman
Ghent University, Dep. of Information Technology
Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, B-9000 Gent, Belgium
tel: +32 9 264 34 45, fax: +32 9 264 35 93
WWW: http://photonics.intec.UGent.be
email: Peter.Bienstman at UGent.be