[BioPython] GenBank.FeatureParser and multiple accessionnumbers

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:20:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Jeffrey Chang wrote:

> I agree.  Perhaps the first accession number should be seq.id, and
> *all* the accessions (including the first one) should be an annotation
> like seq.annotations["accessions"].  They certainly should be
> accessible.
>
> How does bioperl handle this?

separate methods for declared 'RichSequences' (GenBank/EMBL/SwissProt
parser produce these which have a richer interface than basic sequences
with features).

In our case we have
get_secondary_accessions() which returns a list of accessions
to distinguish primary from secondary accessions.