[BioPython] Promotional Ads

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:17:33 -0700 (PDT)

On 22 Oct 2002, David A. Jewell wrote:

> Dr. Singh sentiments are my own and I would very much appreciate efforts
> in securing the Bio-python server from what appears to be frequent
> hacks.

How about if the biopython lists are restricted so that only subscribers
can post?  This is the approach that many other Mailman mailing lists have
taken to prevent junk mail from flooding the list.

It's also extraordinarily disheartening when there's more spam than actual
bug reports in Jitterbug; I personally almost despise getting mail from
biopython-dev simply because it's spam for the most part!

The mailing lists on mail.python.org also have a spam filter that seems to
be fairly effective.  Someone may want to contact the mail.python.org
administrator and see if a similar system can be set up for Biopython.org.