[BioPython] PubMed search very slow

Jeffrey Chang jchang@smi.stanford.edu
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:29:50 -0800

Which function are you using?  Is this with PubMed.Dictionary?  That
class includes a built-in rate limiter so that it does not overload
NCBI's servers.  You can turn it off if you want (although I wouldn't
recommend it since NCBI may block your IP) by creating the object with
a delay of 0:
>>> PUBMED = PubMed.Dictionary(delay=0)

Jeff