[BioPython] Change in NCBI efetch cgi?

Jeffrey Chang jchang@smi.stanford.edu
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:03:48 -0800

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 11:34:03AM +0100, Andreas Kuntzagk wrote:
[GenBank.NCBIDictionary returns a weird format]

> My (educated?) guess is, that NCBI changed the "native" rettype for the
> "sequence" db in efetch.cgi (which are the default values NCBIDictionary
> uses.)

Yep, that seems reasonable.  I've gone through and changed the
NCBI.Dictionary code to use GenBank "gb" format by default.  Thanks
for the bug report and diagnosis!

> Btw. there seems to be very low traffic lately on this list (except the
> usual spam :-( )
> Is there any reason for this. (A meeting of biopython hackers, another
> mailing list, biopython beeing abandon?)

No reason, except that biopython developers are busy working on their
day jobs.  We're still here!

Jeff