[BioPython] Change in NCBI efetch cgi?

Andreas Kuntzagk andreas.kuntzagk@mdc-berlin.de
11 Nov 2002 11:34:03 +0100

Just a note for anybody using the GenBank.NCBIDictionary or the
WWW.NCBI.efetch()

I'm not sure, but I think there was a change in this cgi.

As far as I can remember, some days before

>>> from Bio import GenBank
>>> n= n=GenBank.NCBIDictionary()
>>> n["AA000001"]

would give a Record in GenBank-Format.
Now I get another Format (which i don't know)
If I want GenBank-Format, I have to use

>>> n=GenBank.NCBIDictionary(database="nucleotide")

My (educated?) guess is, that NCBI changed the "native" rettype for the
"sequence" db in efetch.cgi (which are the default values NCBIDictionary
uses.)

ciao, Andreas

Btw. there seems to be very low traffic lately on this list (except the
usual spam :-( )
Is there any reason for this. (A meeting of biopython hackers, another
mailing list, biopython beeing abandon?)