[BioPython] problem with Blast/NCBIWWW parser ?

Iddo Friedberg idoerg@cc.huji.ac.il
Wed, 29 May 2002 11:05:48 +0300 (GMT+0300)

Just wondering: are all these updates to (PSI) BLAST also back compatible
with older versions? I am talking about standalone, not web versions.  It
strikes me that not everyone has the latest-and-greatest standalone from
NCBI. Also, some people might not wish to use the latest version, for
purposes of research method standardization over time.

If it is impossible to make them back-compatible, I think that we should
consider having BLAST-version-specific parser modules. What do you think?

Iddo