[BioPython] PDBParser & Structure class

Jeffrey Chang jchang@smi.stanford.edu
Tue, 21 May 2002 01:26:06 -0700

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 09:56:52AM +0200, Thomas Hamelryck wrote:

[Thomas and Iddo, discussing PDB package]

> Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering if there is any interest to
> make the package part of Biopython (after it has matured of course)?
> Is a GNU lesser public license acceptable for Biopython?

The functionality is within the domain of Biopython.  However, all the
code in Biopython is under the Biopython license, which is BSD-like.
I'm afraid we can't allow different licenses for different parts of
the code.

Generally, the conditions for submitting code are:
- It must be generalizable.
- You must be the owner and copyright holder of the code with the
legal authority to redistribute and license as you see fit.
- You must be willing to maintain it.
- The code will be licensed under the Biopython license.

Are you be willing and able to relicense it?

Jeff