[BioPython] error parsing human genbank

Scott T. Kelley kelleys@ucsu.colorado.edu
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:28:54 -0600

I am having problems parsing some human genome Genbank files. The parser
throws and exception at position 1998. It seems very similar to the
problems with the top line but I can't quite figure out what the problem
is. I would send the genbank file that is failing, but it is huge so all I
can do is provide a link:

ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/genomes/H_sapiens/

All of the .gbk files have the problem (Chr Y is the smallest of course if
you want to download and see for yourself).

Any help on this would be *GREATLY* appreciated! My time frame on this is
really short unfortunately...