[BioPython] biopython to jython for literature miner

Kasian Franks juvenate@yahoo.com
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 14:39:47 -0700 (PDT)

I was thinking of starting with bio.www.ncbi. However
my experience tells me that if I developed a 100%
jython version it would not be completely compatible
with biopython. Before I charge through a long term
jython dev session I'd like to know approx how much of
biopython I can expect to be compatible with jython or
vice versa. I'm assuming in the future this question
will be irrelevant, but for now I'd like to know that
if I invested in a full jython integration effort that
I will also be able to use the most useful biopython
modules. Specifically, are the most widely used
modules of biopython compatible with jython?