[BioPython] Installing biopython-1.00a4

Martin MOKREJŠ mmokrejs@natur.cuni.cz
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:15:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Brad Chapman wrote:

Hi all,

> > I think it would be wise to put for few more
> > lines explaining how to install python into user's own home directory
> > instead of site-wide which not everyone cal modify.
>
> Gotcha. I kinda cheated in the tutorial and just linked to the distutils
> information page, expecting people to figure it out for themselves :-).

Yes, I don't know them and I really skipped that part.
Anyway, the README from the distribution said almost the same so I think
that's the most important place where to put it. ;)

> This is actually a distutils (the standard python mechanism for
> installation) problem, as opposed to a Biopython specific issue. I
> would just ignore the warning; as long as Biopython works, I'd be happy
> :-).

I'm happy, but Sagar Damle <sagar@caltech.edu> wrote happily that he
missed that in the setup script, so it looks he fixed that right now.

> Thanks for the info. I hope you enjoy Biopython.

I hope too. I did not enjoy much writing myself ll kinds of parsers. ;)
Now I've to look into the biopyhon code and learn the better way.

Bye!
--
Martin Mokrejs <mmokrejs@natur.cuni.cz>
PGP5.0i key is at http://www.natur.cuni.cz/~mmokrejs