[BioPython] Bug in Bio.GenBank.index_file()

Andrew Dalke dalke@acm.org
Tue, 15 May 2001 21:03:14 -0600

Brad:
>I have already written indexing functions that use Mindy. I have been
>using these in my own work for a while, and they work quite stably,
>even for large files that index_file couldn't handle before. I have
>been happily using it on the entire Arabidopsis genome without
>problems.
>Does this seem like a good solution to people? I don't know how Andrew
>feels about this, but I'd rather promote mindy then rewrite the
>functionality that is already there. Jan, will this work for you?

Yikes!  No!  I mean, if it works, great, but that was literally
a one (long) night coding hack and there are things I learned from it
that make me want to revisit some of the code.

But that calls for me to have time to work on (non-client paying)
development again, which won't be until the end of the month :(

                    Andrew
                    dalke@acm.org